Can't remove air filter baby-sit - howdya do it?

Discussion of the 18-carat Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

phenomenalworld
Member
Posts: 68
Joined: Friday Jul 27, 2018 two:48 am
Location: Los Angeles, United States

Tin't remove air filter guard - howdya practice it?

Later on clearing x,000 miles on my Buddy 125, I've decided, per proffer, to supervene upon the air filter. So I merely went to unscrew the encompass - pulled out all 5 or 6 screws - but it shows no signs of coming loose, is basically every bit secured as much as before removing the screws, leaving me with no idea what next to do to even begin to pry this sucker loose. Anyone know how to get this matter off? Is it snapped on somehow?

User avatar

DeeDee
Fellow member
Posts: 920
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:07 pm
Location: Denver

Post by DeeDee »

Did you lot get to the screw through the hole in the lower body console?

phenomenalworld
Member
Posts: 68
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:48 am
Location: Los Angeles, Usa

Post by phenomenalworld »

I don't recall so. Am not sure what you're referring to. Can you clarify, DeeDee?

User avatar

DeeDee
Fellow member
Posts: 920
Joined: Saturday Jul 26, 2014 5:07 pm
Location: Denver

Post past DeeDee »

See that dime size pigsty in the plastic trunk panel? Straight up from the far left indicate of the airbox.... Y'all accept to put a phillips screwdriver through that pigsty, insert into the screw head and rotate to the left.

Attachments
Screenshot 2020-10-07 at 7.50.27 AM.png
Screenshot 2020-x-07 at 7.l.27 AM.png (71.55 KiB) Viewed 1304 times
Screenshot 2020-10-07 at 7.59.26 AM.png
Screenshot 2020-10-07 at 7.59.26 AM.png (57.45 KiB) Viewed 1302 times
phenomenalworld
Fellow member
Posts: 68
Joined: Friday Jul 27, 2018 2:48 am
Location: Los Angeles, United states

Post past phenomenalworld »

Hey DeeDee, thanks for clarification and photos. The spiral from that lower body panel happens to be missing. I also looked closer and the parts don't seem to really bear upon. You are sure they're connected?
But, yeah, no screw there, nut I appreciate your input. Am hoping somebody tin enlighten me on some level. Does the filter encompass usually come off super easy later on pulling the screws out? Mine definitely does not. Most have to wonder if previous owner glued it shut....I accept no idea what to do.

phenomenalworld
Member
Posts: 68
Joined: Friday Jul 27, 2018 2:48 am
Location: Los Angeles, United States

Post by phenomenalworld »

P.S Oh!!! I just reread your description and...get information technology! You lot are proverb that the hole accesses a screw Backside it attached to air filter? I will get bank check right now...

phenomenalworld
Member
Posts: 68
Joined: Friday Jul 27, 2018 two:48 am
Location: Los Angeles, United states of america

Post past phenomenalworld »

Ok, so, yes, I got the comprehend off thanks entirely to your precious stone pointer! Thanks and so much for that. And it finally explains what that dime size hole'due south purpose is.

Yet I'm non out of the woods...Now I can't figure how to undo the hose from the filter. I'm certain it's not rocket science, but for 5 minutes I toyed with information technology without success and every try involves pulling on the hose and I don't want to break/ruin it. Tin can yous tell me how to...de-clench...the actual hose?

Incidentally and for the tape, for a bike ridden x,000 miles, the old filter doesn't look as terrible as suspected, and I could've probably cleaned it with a compressed air (equally many people do) and saved $20+ and non had to decouple the hose.

Final edited by phenomenalworld on Wednesday October 07, 2020 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar

DeeDee
Member
Posts: 920
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2014 v:07 pm
Location: Denver

Post by DeeDee »

You have to remove the single phillips spiral belongings the filter into the housing.
Gently pull it forrard. You volition see a one.25" hose connected to it. It's held in place past a spring clamp. If you remove the seat bucket, information technology'southward easier to get to. Supercede the fuel filter while you are back there.

phenomenalworld
Fellow member
Posts: 68
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:48 am
Location: Los Angeles, United States

Mail past phenomenalworld »

Going back to the backyard now...Just to clarify: yes, i saw the hose conspicuously, that'south what I couldn't unclamp from filter. Are yous are saying at that place'south a spiral within the jump clench? Am probably misunderstanding, as I don't know how a spring clench works.
Will check my telephone for any more than messages when downward in that location in the bowels. Hopefully I can become this all screwed back together within the hour in fourth dimension for piece of work...
You've been a cracking guide thus far, DeeDee. Thanks much!

User avatar

DeeDee
Member
Posts: 920
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2014 v:07 pm
Location: Denver

Post by DeeDee »

The unmarried screw holds it into the housing. Y'all take probably removed that by now. Get a pair of pliers and squeeze the prongs of the leap clamp together. I call back information technology is a little likewise stiff do exercise with your fingers. When you lot clasp the prongs together, this removes the tension on the clamp. The filter should fall right off the hose.

Attachments
Screenshot 2020-10-07 at 2.38.20 PM.png
Screenshot 2020-x-07 at two.38.20 PM.png (92.xv KiB) Viewed 1284 times
phenomenalworld
Member
Posts: 68
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2018 ii:48 am
Location: Los Angeles, United States

Post by phenomenalworld »

Hey DeeDee. I got your bulletin just equally I was wrapping up the bike, re-screwing it all as well, then headed to piece of work. I missed your bit about the spring clamp, which makes a lot of easy sense once you pointed it out. What I did instead was pull off the actual hose from the clamp on the back end of things, and then reinsert it. It looked like it was secure enough. But your proposition would've been safer - I promise what I did doesn't leave me sorry. Simply, yeah, now I'm dorsum in business organization with a fresh new air filter. Again, thanks and so much for your input, it helped a lot!